Historic visit to Russian Federation
The International Conference "Islam.. Message of Mercy and Peace" was held in the Russian capital in cooperation between the Muslim World League (MWL) and the Religious Administration of the Muslims of the Chechen Republic, during the period of Rajab 21st – 23rd,1440 H.
The conference was the first of its kind in the history of Russia, as it kicked off in Moscow and wrapped up in the Chechen capital of Grozny; it achieved core goals in establishing positive cooperation between the Islamic world and the various components of the Russian Federation.
Talks and scientific and intellectual meetings of His Excellency Secretary-General Sheikh Dr. Mohammad bin Abdul Karim Al-Issa and the Russian officials have resulted in important agreements to activate cultural acquaintance and promote cultural exchange.
One of the outcomes and recommendations of the conference was: "Calling on Muslims around the world to promote the highest values of Islam, namely love, friendship, tolerance, peaceful coexistence and prevent conflicts, disputes and intolerance, as well as calling on religious institutions to intensify educational work so as to strengthen unity, solidarity and harmony between Muslims and others."
The conference witnessed great representation, topped by the office of Russian President Vladimir Putin, the leaderships of the Senate and the Duma "the parliament", the Chechen presidency, ministries of foreign affairs and national affairs and the Northern Caucasus Affairs in the Russian government. This effectively contributed in the success of the conference.
Officials praised the MWL's international efforts to spread the concepts of Islam and clarify its tolerant principles, in addition to the MWL's ceaseless positive movement in the Russian Federation, a matter that gained extraordinary governmental momentum at the highest levels.
Agreements held by the MWL included the state fund for the promotion of culture, Science and Education, the Religious Administration of Tatarstan Muslims, the Russian Institute of Orientalism and World Russian People's Council for the exchange of experiences and coordination on topics of common concern.
The Friday sermons delivered by Sheikh Al-Issa in Grozny in the Republic of Chechnya and Kazan in the Republic of Tatarstan had a great impact and deep resonance among worshipers. They were characterized by focusing on the basic meanings of Islam, and reminding that Allah Almighty sent our Prophet Mohammad, peace and blessings be upon him, to this nation with the complete laws, reciting Allah's words: "We sent you (O Mohammad) not save as a mercy for the peoples." And the Prophet's Tradition: " I was sent to perfect honorable morals."
Al-Issa's sermons were marked with wisdom and utterance of the best and fair judgments. He stressed that the purified Islamic Law came meant for mercy and consideration, not coercion and hardship.
The two sermons were characterized by maturity and touched upon legitimate interests. They provided answers that respond to the demands of contemporary reality with its accelerated renewal, for example:
• Monopoly of right in the exercise of judgment is a systematic error and intellectual danger threatening the harmony and unity of the nation.
• The True Muslim is the one who brings hearts closer and never takes them apart, and the one who is perfect conveyor of the message of Islam to the worlds.
• The True Muslim is the right element of harmony and peace and a good tree that bears fruit and gives everyone from its good and shadows, and far from the approach of bigotry and extremism.
• The True Muslim is spoken of by his actions before his words, and is believed to be ethics walking on the ground, and positive energy that radiates to others with his lightened faith and pure heart.
• The necessity of raising awareness for everyone's benefit, and that the easiest way for the enemy to infiltrate is the lack of awareness, as evil attempts come to inflict the harmony of religious and cultural diversity and seek to penetrate it.
• The guidance of Islam also includes the serious gathering and familiarity, and caution of conflict and division.
In conclusion, it may be worthwhile to propose the dissemination the two sermons and their distribution across the Islamic world through traditional and electronic publishing methods for common benefits, and to help preachers and imams follow their example. We ask the MWL's International Academy for Studies and Training to make the speeches a model for training imams and preachers.