MediaTek Introduces 5G Dimensity Family to Power New Wave of 5G Smartphone Experiences in Saudi Arabia
As the world moves towards a faster and more reliable way of connecting with 5G, MediaTek introduces its Dimensity Family with a fully integrated in-chip 5G modem and features that improve connection coverage, deliver reliability, and provide ultrafast speeds. Between smart TVs, mobile devices, Chromebook, and smart speakers, MediaTek has made its way into millions of lives and households, enhancing experiences and connectivity globally through its global OEM partners Xiaomi, Oppo, RealMe and Samsung. At its core, MediaTek is committed to providing new-age technologies that give people the tools they need to expand their horizons and more easily achieve their goals. This falls under our vision, as MediaTek is the world’s 4th largest global fabless semiconductor company and is committed to powering everyday life through chipsets and technologies that keep the world connected at home, at work, and on the go.
The powerful MediaTek Dimensity Family will be at the forefront of the activity by providing the advanced technologies needed to lift barriers between devices, allowing for seamless connectivity for smartphones, and ultimately bringing 5G to everyone. The Dimensity 5G Family includes Dimensity 700 Series, 800 Series, and 1000 Series. Each demonstrates premium performance, power efficiency, and extraordinary AI.
· The MediaTek APU 3.0 combines three different types of AI processors. This versatile and unique design meets the needs of the latest AI-camera, AI-assistant, in-app and OS-enhancements, that make up modern smartphone experiences.
· MediaTek 5G UltraSave is the world’s most power-efficient 5G modem design for smartphones.
· Dimensity Family features MediaTek Miravision technology that intelligently adjusts a wide range display and video stream factors, including color, brightness, contrast, sharpness, and dynamic range, to bring cinema-grade visuals to the small screen.
Speaking of Saudi Arabia as one of the most advanced markets globally:
1. “Saudi Arabia is demonstrating the world’s leading coverage and performance for 5G connectivity as per our testing with local operators STC, Mobily, and Zain. Some metrics exceeded those in South Korea, which is known as a top global mobile technology market. Our Dimensity chipset Family will power premium and flagship 5G devices. Local Saudi companies such as Azom Tech and Telo Gamez are starting to design and bring new phones to the market, such as the DesertOne, in hope to secure government support to expand local manufacturing and design”, said Rami Osman, Director for Corporate Sales and Marketing at MediaTek Middle East, Africa, Turkey and Pakistan.
2. “In Saudi Arabia STC collaborated with MediaTek and Ericsson to demonstrate the first ever real-world viability of 5G Carrier Aggregation using Ericsson Spectrum Sharing (ESS) in live network conditions”, said Mr. Rami.
3. “MediaTek is at the forefront of NR CA innovation, developing and testing the next generation of 5G NSA and SA technologies to bring robust 5G coverage to consumers around the world”, said Mr. Rami, “Our Dimensity portfolio of high performance and ultra-low power chipsets supports several different carrier aggregation configurations for comprehensive NR CA support”.
MediaTek is also introducing its powerful and widely accepted MediaTek Helio G Series, with MediaTek HyperEngine Game Technology to the Saudi market. This prompts the next generation of gaming experience that supports the country’s youth in their gaming needs with more models, as well as Helio G coming to market with partners such as RealMe and Xiaomi. The MediaTek Helio G95 features multi-camera support, unrivalled speed, and AI Super Resolution for video streams offering gaming enthusiasts faster performance and high-end features like advanced photography; and carrying up to four cameras with an inbuilt AI processing unit (APU). The series is also equipped with an ultra-low power DSP which minimizes power consumption while applications are in use.
The year 2020 has marked significant milestones for MediaTek with Dimensity Family powering smartphones from MediaTek partners to cover a range of price-points and bring high-quality 5G experiences to a wider audience than ever before. MediaTek Dimensity 5G Family of chipsets brings the smartest and fastest together to power the world’s most capable 5G devices. MediaTek technologies are integrated into products across the 5G ecosystem including smartphones, computing, connectivity for routers and other smart devices.
For details on MediaTek Dimensity series visit: https://i.mediatek.com/mediatek-5g
About MediaTek Inc.
MediaTek Incorporated (TWSE: 2454) is a global fabless semiconductor company that enables nearly 2 billion connected devices a year. We are a market leader in developing innovative systems-on-chip (SoC) for mobile device, home entertainment, connectivity and IoT products. Our dedication to innovation has positioned us as a driving market force in several key technology areas, including highly power-efficient mobile technologies, automotive solutions and a broad range of advanced multimedia products such as smartphones, tablets, digital televisions, 5G, Voice Assistant Devices (VAD) and wearables. MediaTek empowers and inspires people to expand their horizons and achieve their goals through smart technology, more easily and efficiently than ever before. We work with the brands you love to make great technology accessible to everyone, and it drives everything we do. Visit www.mediatek.com for more information.