90th Saudi National Day
On 23 September 1932, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was declared in place of the Kingdom of Hejaz, Najd, and its annexes, so this National Day was the day of the unification of the Kingdom in one official name by the founder, King Abdul-Aziz Al Saud.
The Kingdom in few short decades after King Abdulaziz Al-Saud established the modern Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 1932, has turned itself from a desert nation to a modern, sophisticated state and consider as a major player on the international stage since that time.
Some facts about the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia:
• Saudi Arabia is the second-largest in the Arab world (after Algeria), the fifth-largest in Asia, and the 12th-largest in the world.
• As of October 2018, the Saudi economy was the largest in the Middle East and the 18th largest in the world.
• KSA is the only Arab country to be part of the G-20 major economies.
• Saudi Arabia has is the world's second-largest oil producer (behind the US) and the world's largest oil exporter. (Petroleum was discovered on 3 March 1938)
• Saudi Arabia was rated as the best place to do business in the Middle East by the World Bank.
Saudi Arabia Vision 2030
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia continues its development and civilizational achievements by its 2030 vision and under its wise leadership, the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, his faithful Crown Prince Mohammed, and its kind and conscious people, accomplishments are achieved after achievements and points are calculated in the global record of development.
“Our economy will provide opportunities for everyone – men and women, young and old – so they may contribute to the best of their abilities . . .
Saudi women are yet another great asset. With over 50 percent of our university graduates being female, we will continue to develop their talents, invest in their productive capabilities and enable them to strengthen their future and contribute to the development of our society and economy.”-Saudi Arabia Vision 2030
May God preserves the kingdom, its leadership, and its people, and the mercy of our martyrs, and the victory of our soldiers everywhere they defend our homeland.