“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel? ”
Presenting information or ideas obviously and effectively is a key skill to deliver your message or opinion across. It is the art of the delivery of news or an idea for audience movingly and convincingly.
Nowadays, presentation skills are essential in almost all fields and important to both individual success and business.
The term can also be used for a demonstration, introduction, lecture, or speech meant to inform, persuade, inspire, motivate new ideas and products.
Whether you are a student, administrator or executive, if you wish to start up your own business, apply for a grant or stand for an elected position, you may very well be asked to make a presentation. This can be a very daunting prospect.
The fact is that traditional presentations are often boring as many researches show that almost 50% of audiences instead of watching and reacting with the presentations they often do other tasks mostly playing with their mobiles (text, e-mails, social media .. etc). So, creating and delivering a presentation that to be attractive and effective requires effort and creativity, In the case there are many good examples to model, like TED presentations, Toastmasters clubs and famous people webs or blogs. Here are ten guidelines to help make an astounding presentation:
1. The Audience’s objectives and goals to focus.
2. Show the Passion and keep it connected with the Audience.
3. Be sure to have inflection in your voice
4. Smile and Make Eye Contact.
5. Remember that Movement: represents 55% of the influence and include physical appearance - facial expressions)
6. Grab your audience’s attention Start Strongly.
7. Apply 10-20-30 Rule for Slideshows (10 slides, 20 minutes; font size ≤ 30 points).
8. Tell Stories
9. Using note cards on index cards. Write main ideas on your index cards without details, (you may lose the resources such as data on your PC or power off)
10. Questions: decide in advance how to deal with questions and when you wish to handle it.
One of the best preparation is to practice in front of friends or family members. Applying the mentioned tips above and try to control your nervous, also, read and read for more advices and guides,
Finally, The present era places great emphasis on good presentation skills as it is playing an important role in convincing the clients and customers. Internally, management with good presentation skills is better able to communicate the mission and vision of the organizations, in the end, leave a good feeling among your audiences and choose a channel to communicate with you.